English language in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has not been adequately adopted by the citizens since most of them speak Arabic, which is the dominant language (Two researchers, Rahman and Alhaisoni, 2013). The government of Saudi Arabia under the leadership of former King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz (1st August 1924-23rd January 2015) made numerous initiatives to help improve the English language in this Kingdom.
The king became interested in putting the school-going children in a position where they would be able to learn English speaking and writing. Obviously, in Saudi Arabia, the primary language of communication is Arabic and it was previously very hard for one to meet a Saudi Arabian Citizen who could speak in English fluently. Although initiatives in promoting the English language had been put in place more than a decade ago, and teaching and learning English was still taking place in middle school and high schools, most students were still not able to write and speak various simple English words or sentences ( Al-Seghayer, 2014).
It is a requirement that all the students who are in the age bracket of 13-18 years must take English classes in school. In other words, this means that as the students learn, they must spend six years of their school life learning the English Language. However, despite this effort by the Ministry of Education, students who graduate from high school are normally not able to speak in English.
Improve My English Today, powered by TechKnowledge, is a comprehensive and easy-to-use English language program that contains four basic skills and allows those wishing to learn English to develop their skills in English and according to their agenda.
Partnering with National Geographic Learning, the mission is to bring the world to the classroom and the classroom to life. With our English language programs, students learn about their world by experiencing it. Through partnerships with National Geographic and TED, they develop the language and skills they need to be successful global citizens and leaders.
An easy-to-use English learning platform developed to include:
- Test a level to determine the appropriate level for each teacher who wishes to develop his English language skills to determine the program and the appropriate educational content
- 180 Video allows language learning as used in daily life and helps learners to interact and stimulate listening skills and understanding of conversations
- Over 200 Grammatical presentations stimulate and encourage self-learning as the teacher can test rules with carefully selected texts to include various aspects of the language and its uses
- More than 400 educational speeches so that the learner can speak the language correctly as it is provided with automatic assessment and feedback
- At the end of each lesson, each module and each level, a summary is sent to learners to help them learn what they need to develop to improve their level in English
TechKnowledge and National Geographic Learning believe that an engaged and motivated learner will be a successful one, and classroom materials are designed with a highly interactive storytelling approach which is a great way to invoke these connections. Improve My English Today offers leading PreK–12 digital and curricular classroom materials for schools. improvemyenglish.today