In terms of the economy, researchers Mahboob and Elyas (2014) emphasized that English has been particularly important in the Saudi education system because of its perceived economic value, as the language is linked inextricably with the discourse of petroleum. Therefore, English is taught as a core subject in public and private schools and is used as the medium of training in major organizations and companies across the country, such as Saudi Airlines, Saudi Aramco, the Saudi Telecommunication Company, etc.
In separate research, Alrashidi and Phan (2015) stated that learning English allows Saudis to benefit from its use as the medium of international communication, and to contribute thereby to the expanding economy and business environment of the KSA. According to them, English has enabled Saudis to communicate with approximately 9.5 million foreign expatriates who work in Saudi Arabia, which is necessary to acquire the competence they need to be qualified and ready to replace foreign expatriates in the labor market. Furthermore, English also plays a key role in the enhancement of foreign investments in Saudi Arabia.
Politically, learning English has enabled the KSA to communicate with the world, and to become a key player in the foreign policy domain, both regionally and globally.
Socially, using English in the KSA also allowed the rapid spread of technology and an increasingly globalized society. Further, gaining access to such technology makes it possible for Saudis to communicate across geographical borders through social network media.
Improve My English Today (https://improvemyenglish.today/),powered by TechKnowledge, is a comprehensive and easy-to-use English language program that contains four basic skills and allows those wishing to learn English to develop their skills in English and according to their agenda.
Partnering with National Geographic Learning, the mission is to bring the world to the classroom and the classroom to life. With our English language programs, students learn about their world by experiencing it. Through partnerships with National Geographic and TED, they develop the language and skills they need to be successful global citizens and leaders.
An easy-to-use English learning platform developed to include:
- Placement test to determine the appropriate level, for each teacher who wishes to develop his English language skills, for the program and the appropriate educational content.
- 180 videos allow language learning as used in daily life and helps learners to interact, stimulate listening skills and improve understanding of conversations.
- Over 200 grammatical presentations stimulate and encourage self-learning. The teacher can test rules with carefully selected texts to include various aspects of the language and its uses.
- More than 400 educational speeches to help the learner speak the language correctly. Also provides automatic assessment and feedback.
- At the end of each lesson, each module and each level, a summary is sent to learners encapsulating what they need to develop to improve their level in English.
TechKnowledge and National Geographic Learning believe that an engaged and motivated learner will be a successful one, and classroom materials are designed with a highly interactive storytelling approach which is a great way to invoke these connections. Improve My English Today offers leading PreK–12 digital and curricular classroom materials for schools. https://improvemyenglish.today/